[GRLUG] meeting

Szymon Machajewski SMachaje at grcc.edu
Thu May 25 11:10:53 EDT 2006

If you're gonna scare me like that I'll do the presentation on SQL
Server ...

I think at that level any informative session would have to include
looking at your systems and working with specifics in your scenario.
I was thinking about a low level 'How-To' install the 10g database.
Since Oracle grants developer licences GRLUG folks could install Oracle
on their development systems.  If you're still at 9i Oracle I could go
in great detail about the new features of 10g and provide value to
existing DBAs hungry for meat.  This would be after the basic install is
completed.

Since Oracle released some of the code as open source (OFS for example)
and also since in part because of Oracle Linux RedHat has become a big
player in the enterprise I think talking about Oracle does not exceed
GRLUG scope.

Szymon Machajewski

Solutions Engineer / DBA
Red Hat Certified Engineer
Microsoft Certified Solution Developer
www.grcc.edu/smachaje

>>> Bill.Pribble at Haworth.com 5/25/2006 10:37:38 am >>>
Our company would be interested in sending some folks.  How deep are
you
going to get into Oracle on Red Hat?  We have some DBAs who would be
interested also, but they are VERY experienced in Oracle and would
want
a 'meaty' presentation and would have some tough questions.

Thanks
Bill