[GRLUG] My Ubuntu Trial

Jordan Hudson jodanlime at gmail.com
Tue May 16 00:18:35 EDT 2006

I found a mandriva 2006 dvd install in a magazine and found the GUI to look
a little bit cloudy on my PC, as did I with fedora. Debian, SuSe, Ubuntu,
Slackware were all fine, I hated SuSe because it felt too bogged down,
slackware wasnt my favorite, Debian threw every program in the book in and
it was all dated, Ubuntu was my favorite. As for Ubuntu being dated, I dont
think this is the case at all, they want to keep it all Open Source, so no
MP3 support, or DVD, you download the non-free stuff yourself. I found most
of the programs in 5.10 to be of a newer version of my mandrake 2006
install, but I never upgrade either of the two cuz I'm on dial up still (I
know I know, but I cant get DSL yet! Cable is too much for a college student
to handle!). I like xfce the best, but G or K I dont care, theres just times
I dont like to use xfce so I use one of those.