[GRLUG] My Ubuntu Trial

Roberto Villarreal rvillarreal at mktec.com
Mon May 15 19:42:07 EDT 2006

That was a nice write-up Ron.  Informative, and void of flames.  It would be
interesting to hear others' accounts of attempting a side-by-side comparison
like you did.

Though, for what it's worth, I was the recipient of a Mandriva box (from
you)... I ended up having to wipe up and put Debian on because I couldn't get
something to work.  It had something to do with configuring stuff with the
GUI, as the box was for my computer-dumb father.  I was able to get it to
work fine with Debian's GUI equivalent though :-).

Roberto