[GRLUG] linux gaming

Dave Kedron protecterofmagic at yahoo.com
Mon May 15 13:42:12 EDT 2006

Wesnoth is a pretty fun strategy game that I've been playing for a while...  It does go on multiplayer, but it did seem to need some work setting it up on a LAN (there is no 'lan-browser' like in Warcraft 3; you have to manually type in the IP addy of the host).  The URL is: www.wesnoth.org

How about some non-OS games, like Unreal Tournament 2004?  It's pretty dated now... but it comes with a linux installer on the CD, and it's pretty fun.

Or wait... wasn't Quake-3 open sourced?  How about quake3 as an option?

Well if not any of those, there is also M-Sudoku, a multiplayer version of our favorite..    [*gun shot*]

Benjamin Flanders <flanderb at gmail.com> wrote: Liquid War, that's the name!!!  I think.  I just googled it and it
seems to be in "very active mode" right now, being rewritten, new
versions, etc...

--
Share and Enjoy