[GRLUG] Distro's - GRLUG test comment, dead thread

Tim Schmidt timschmidt at gmail.com
Sat May 13 00:22:20 EDT 2006

On 5/12/06, Brad Becker <investmgmt at s91195370.onlinehome.us> wrote:
> On Friday 12 May 2006 10:01, Bob Kline wrote:
>
> >  I'd really rather see people just delete what they
> >  don't like and move on.
>
> Agreed, and I'll add that if you aren't looking to *offer* help for questions
> (no matter how easy), don't bother posting either.  I personally have no
> patience for the RTFM crowd who go out of their way to rain on the parade and
> assume every answer is easily fathomable in google.

I'm all for being helpfull...   But as Ron has said, you can only be
_so_ helpfull to some people.  In the end, Linux and all the
surrounding software, and the worldwide interweb that connects it all
is a complex beast, and  folks who want to jump into the gory details
_should_ do a significant amount of learning beforehand.

As one guy on the web put it, you can't treat a tricycle like a
stealth bomber.  One takes a lot more knowledge / experience / etc. to
operate effectively.  Nor can you weld the interface of the tricycle
to the stealth bomber while retaining all the features that make it a
stealth bomber.

--tim