[GRLUG] VC Tech Source

Ron Lauzon rlauzon at gmail.com
Tue May 9 17:05:44 EDT 2006

Bob Kline wrote:
> I made a stop at VC Tech Source today.  The stock seemed to be rather
> depleted,  and there's some evidence that they are starting to set the
> better merchandise aside.  Note for example the web site for the laptops.
> You can't even just look at them now.   Most of the PC towers were very
> long in the tooth - very slow,  with only 128MB of RAM rather than the
> 512MB one expects today.
Keep in mind that they are scrappers.  If companies aren't getting rid
of their hardware, they have little to sell.  It's not like they can
call up someone and tell them to send them some more computer scrap.

> And yes,  when the place opens there is a small crowd,  hoping to scoop
> up anything newly placed before someone else does.
Well, we ARE in the Dutch area of the state.  8-)

--
Ron Lauzon - rlauzon at acm dot org
   Homepage: http://7lauzon.home.comcast.net/

   DNRC: Lord of All Things That Are Fattening

   "To be sure, conservative radio talk show hosts have a built-in
   audience unavailable to liberals: People driving cars to some
   sort of job." - Ann Coulter

Microsoft Free since July 06, 2001
Running Mandriva Linux 2005LE