[GRLUG] Distro's - was GRLUG test comment

David Pembrook david at pembrook.net
Thu May 4 19:21:39 EDT 2006

Tim Schmidt wrote:
> *sigh* again, try 'sudo su'

We have never said we couldn't get root... we want normal access in the
first place when its installed
> And to clear up your point, if a user has sudo rights, it's the same
> as if he knew the root password, but entirely different from running
> all the time as root.

I don't think anyone here that was complaining about the sudo setup on
ubuntu was advocating running the system as root for normal use. Don't
put me in that group (always running as root). Anyone that has the least
inkling of what one of the core problems with windows is, understand the
working as root problem.