[GRLUG] Distro's - was GRLUG test comment

Benjamin Flanders flanderb at gmail.com
Thu May 4 17:13:13 EDT 2006

I downloaded the kubuntu virtual appliance and this runs great on both
the server and the player.  The only issue I had with vmware was
trying to install slackware on the free server product.  I had a weird
"double enter" issue and Installing was almost impossible because
hitting enter would register two enters.  I eventually did something
with the vmware bios and slowed the keyboard down.

Anyway ...

Topher, how long ago was your vmware ordeal?  I don't remember this.
Ron, I would try it anyway, if you feel frisky, and give us all some
feedback.  Maybe the issue has been fixed.  It's only a few gigs and
maybe a half hour.

On 5/4/06, Ron Lauzon <rlauzon at gmail.com> wrote:
> Topher wrote:
> > You may recall earlier this year that I had terrible troubles with ubuntu,
> > and was kicked around a bit for it.  It turns out that ubuntu and VMWare
> > do NOT play well together.  I would assume it would work fine as a host,
> > but it won't install a kernel for some reason.
> >
> Oooo... That might be a stopper for me and Ubuntu.  I paid $$$ for
> VMWare and want to have the option to use it.
>
> --
> Ron Lauzon - rlauzon at acm dot org
>    Homepage: http://7lauzon.home.comcast.net/
>    Weblog: http://ronsapartment.blogspot.com/
>
>    DNRC: Lord of All Things That Are Fattening
>
>    "To be sure, conservative radio talk show hosts have a built-in
>    audience unavailable to liberals: People driving cars to some
>    sort of job." - Ann Coulter
>
> Microsoft Free since July 06, 2001
> Running Mandriva Linux 2005LE

Share and Enjoy