[GRLUG] Distro's - was GRLUG test comment

Michael Greene michael.greene at gmail.com
Thu May 4 09:22:21 EDT 2006

I like Ubuntu for the same reasons Benjamin mentioned.

Also, to the sudo complainers, is it really that hard to sudo passwd
and be done with it?  I understand that you don't like Ubuntu changing
the paradigm, but it works better for many of the people with whom
I've walked through Ubuntu.  None of these users would have maintained
seperate administrator and regular users accounts in Windows,
switching between when they needed to, because this would have been a
hassle.  However, most understood the exposure to prompts for a
password to execute a single operation, since this happens in both XP
and OS X, depending on personal configurations.

RH7->Mandrake->Gentoo->FC->Ubuntu, and I think I'm staying here for awhile.

Michael