[GRLUG] mp3 encoding in Debian

David Pembrook david at pembrook.net
Mon Jun 26 12:51:11 EDT 2006

I did a net install with a 2.4 kernel (was installing asterisk at the
time which is also running nice). I imagine I can download a binary for
lame. I was looking for an apt solution for the underlying components to
make the web interface for a jukebox a no brainer if I released the web
interface.

I'd like to make a web interface that handles ripping, burning, and
playing audio. I want my wife or daughter to be able to drop a blank cd
and make a cd to go for the car, or drop in a new cd and add it to the
collection with a click. All the software exists, the key is to make it
dead simple. The web interfaces I've seen aren't complete, some aren't
even complete as far as playing media let alone ripping and burning.

Dave