[GRLUG] VMware question

Tim Schmidt timschmidt at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 20:48:15 EDT 2006

On 6/21/06, Brad Becker <investmgmt at s91195370.onlinehome.us> wrote:
> Good timing.  A very nice howto on QEMU called 'How to run Windows XP under
> Ubuntu Dapper' can be found at:
>
> http://maconstuff.blogspot.com/2006/06/how-to-run-windows-xp-under-ubuntu.html
>
> - Brad Becker

Looked over it quickly...  my only suggestion is to download the
binaries from the official QEMU page
(http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/) instead of installing your
distribution's packages.  QEMU seems to be _very_ picky about what
version of GCC it's compiled with.  I've been using QEMU fairly
heavily for about a year now, and more than once, I've had a problem
with a distributor package, or my own compiled copy which turned out
to be a manifestation of QEMU's compiler un-friendliness.

--tim