[GRLUG] Unix Sockets Going Stale?

Al Tobey tobert at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 00:48:33 EDT 2006

/tmp probably got autocleaned by a cron script and your socket file
was deleted.   Check /etc/cron.d or whatever your distribution uses to
see what the frequency is.

Some installations of MySQL put mysql.sock in /tmp by default and that
always turns out badly.    I don't think a socket file's mtime gets
updated with every connection, so it gets deleted about a month after
creation.

-Al Tobey