[GRLUG] Mail Server, When Will It Be Stable?

john-thomas richards jtr at jrichards.org
Fri Jul 21 16:18:33 EDT 2006

On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 06:18:20PM -0400, Godwin wrote:
[snip]
> I'll try to stay more on top of things...  I already pay $70/year for
> our domains, plus ponnied (sp.) up the loot for the pre-owned box
> (733Mhz/256MB/40GB) and have to exchange free IT support to my
> business friend for the use of the wire.  I'm not looking forward to
> monthly hosting expenses.  :-)
[snip]

Wow.  I pay $120 per year for my host.  I get several gigabytes of
storage and multiple (2? 3?) terabytes of bandwidth per month and the
domain name is included (I maintain ownership of the name as well).
Surely we could get twelve people to donate ten bucks a year (or 24 to
donate five bucks, etc.).  Uptime is excellent.  We could have a grlug
jabber server or offer grlug email addreses or whole hosts (ahem) of
things.

Oh, and to top it off...the host runs Debian.
--
john-thomas
------