[GRLUG] possable to make /home/ fat32? :?

Jorge La weeneedhelp at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 22:52:52 EDT 2006

I was talking to my Calc teacher one day. He used to teach C++ under linux
back in the late 90's when their was no GUI, and i brought my laptop to
school that day to show him Linux in 2006, I also gave him a Ubuntu 5
live+install CD. and i told him that you can partition like this:

hda1= / =linux native
hdb2= /windows/ =fat32
hdb3= /home/ = fat32

because, the night before, i had a great idea! if u made the home directory
fat32, you can view your pics n w/e on windows! :o

... well... after telling him that, i actully tried it, n it doesn't seem to
work, well, X doesn't seem to work very well when you try to log in :-/ but
the cmd works fine. :-/

does anyone know if this is possable? or how to fix the errors?

my HDD currently looks like this:

hda1= Win XP (fat32)
hda2= ext3 (for SuSE)
hda3=  Jorge (fat32, this is were i keep crap)
hda4= swap

hdb1= OS X (hfs+)
hdb2= PC-BSD
hdb3= fat 32 (more crap storrange)