[GRLUG] Creating your own LiveCD

Justin Denick justin.denick at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 11:51:30 EDT 2006

I made one from scratch. Getting the source, compiling everything, then
making and iso from that with boot loader and everything. I used all gentoo
source code and portage to manage dependencies.

Though to be honest it was very buggy.

On 7/17/06, Jorge La <weeneedhelp at gmail.com> wrote:

> +creat your own live CD as in burning a copy of a CD or...
> +as in programming your own codes for your very own personalized linux?
>
> if it's the first one, try Ubuntu or Kubuntu 6 or Slax
>
> if it's the second one, take a trip to http://www.linux-live.org/
>
> :)
>

> On 7/17/06, Bob Kline <bob.kline at gmail.com > wrote:
>
> > Same for live and install.  Download the ISO
> > image,  and then,  for example,  use the
> > "burn image to CD" option in Nero.
> >
> > I recently did this with the live and install
> > versions of Kubuntu.
> >
> >    -Bob
> >

> > On 7/17/06, Michael Mol <mikemol at gmail.com > wrote:
> > > Has anyone here gone through the steps of creating their own Linux
> > > LiveCD?  My computer club would find such knowledge useful for
> > > creating their own tools CDs for use in their PC Clinic.
> > >
> > > --
> > > :wq

Burn's Hog Weighing Method:
        (1) Get a perfectly symmetrical plank and balance it across a
sawhorse.
        (2) Put the hog on one end of the plank.
        (3) Pile rocks on the other end until the plank is again perfectly
            balanced.
        (4) Carefully guess the weight of the rocks.
                -- Robert Burns