[GRLUG] rhce

Szymon Machajewski SMachaje at grcc.edu
Thu Jul 20 11:27:33 EDT 2006

If your office is willing to pay I would strongly suggest the RHCE
accelerated course with exam.  For 4 days you get to practice the issues
and on the last day you take the exam.

RHCE is a performance based exam so as long as you have RedHat skills,
you don't need books.  Think about an exam where your system does not
boot, and you have to end up with a DNS, DHCP, Apache, SQUID, NFS, Mail
and other services running (without reinstalling ... )

Szymon Machajewski

Solutions Engineer / DBA
Red Hat Certified Engineer
Oracle Certified Associate
Microsoft Certified Solution Developer
www.grcc.edu/smachaje

>>> Eric Hartwell <darth_linux at ameritech.net> 7/19/2006 10:35:42 am

Hi all,

my boss just called me at home and asked how long it would take me to
get
msce, novell cert or the like. We discussed rhce for a bit.

What tools/books would you all suggest for studying for the rhce? I'd
like to
get the cert by the end of the year.

Does anyone have experience with LPI certs? I have LPIC-1. Should I
continue
on their track?

other (linux) certs i should consider?

thanks,