[GRLUG] FreeSpire! A Distro for your windows to linux converts

Benjamin Eavey ben at eavey.com
Thu Jul 20 10:03:00 EDT 2006

> Talking about root, Does Freespire run normal user as root?  Does
> Linspire still do that?

Freespire forces you to create a user account at installation and to run
as a normal user by default.  I haven't installed the distro yet, but
that's what their documentation says.

Linspire gives you the option to create a user account during
installation, but it doesn't force you to do so, which is why a lot of
new Linspire users end up running as root.  I have Linspire installed on
my son's computer, and he runs as a normal user.  Works fine.

-Ben