[GRLUG] linux and fglrx driver for Radeon card

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 12:40:36 EDT 2006

It looks like you're running the wrong version of the driver, for your
version of Xorg:

(II) fglrx(0): driver needs X.org 6.8.x.y with x.y >= 99.8
(II) fglrx(0): detected X.org 7.0.0.0

Looking on ATI's website, it doesn't look like they have a version
specific to any 7.x* Xorg variant.  You've got a couple options.  You
can downgrade your Xorg version, or give the opensource Radeon driver
a shot.

Attempting a downgrade of X could render X unusable for a while, if
you miss any of the dependencies.  I'd suggest trying the opensource
driver.