[GRLUG] Linux application publishing

Bill Littlejohn billl at mtd-inc.com
Wed Jul 12 20:01:16 EDT 2006

What options are out there for publishing Linux applications similar to
Windows Terminal Services?
i.e. Applications run in a window, not having a full Linux desktop.

I don't have any specific application as yet.
I'm looking to open my options for business and productivity
applications like Kontact, Kexi, Kopete.
Those happen to be KDE apps obviously but I'm interested in many others.
There are some very nice desktop apps available.

I know of NoMachineNX. But it's a little pricey at $1500.
I'm not sure LTSP is corporate ready or not.

Any personal experience or suggestions for further research?

--

Bill

Bill Littlejohn
IT Admin - Middleville Tool and Die
269.795.3646 x203
Contents of this email is authorized for intended recipient(s) only.
Other distribution is strictly prohibited.

"An expert is a person who avoids small error as he sweeps on to the
grand fallacy."
-- Benjamin Stolberg