[GRLUG] IPv6

Benjamin Flanders flanderb at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 08:38:43 EST 2006

Thank You Tim,
I couldn't ping ::1/128 so I am assuming that I was able to disable
IPv6 and that something else is wrong with my install of Galleon.

Galleon uses many types of communication each on it's own port #
(http://galleon.tv/content/view/36/47/).  How do I check to see if
each port is open?  Would nmap or netstat do this?  I have tried both
but I don't really know what I am looking for.  I didn't see any of
the port numbers in question.

Does a program need any special permissions to open a port on a Linux
box without a firewall on it?

On 1/18/06, Tim Schmidt <timschmidt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Try pinging the loopback address (::1/128)?
>
> --tim
>
> On 1/18/06, Benjamin Flanders <flanderb at gmail.com> wrote:
> > How do I verify that I don't have IPv6 running?  I am trying to get
> > Galleon(Tivo app, not browser) running and disabling IPv6 is needed.
> > I think I have disabled it, but I am not sure.
> >
> > Some info about the box: ubuntu headless server.
> >
> > --
> > Share and Enjoy

Share and Enjoy