[GRLUG] Implementing an actual wireless community network

Tim Schmidt timschmidt at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 14:47:46 EST 2006

I should also mention that my intention is to encourage any sort of
node someone wants to build, and put notes on how to do so for each
sort of node on the webpage (soon mocing off of my personal wiki).  I
want this to be inclusive.  I have, for myself, chosen to start with
the WGT634U's for several reasons (not the least of which is that I
want to use them for several other projects), but I'd encourage anyone
interested at all to pipe in.  A lot of the work I'm doing on the
634Us is applicable to other routers as well (and the higher level
work of choosing software, configurations, etc is applicable to every
architechure that runs Linux), for instance, for the 634U, I'm using
the same build environment as OpenWRT.

--tim