[GRLUG] Implementing an actual wireless community network

adderd@kkmfg.com adderd at kkmfg.com
Mon Jan 9 10:09:47 EST 2006

What I wonder is could you instead use WRT54G Linksys routers w/ custom
firmware? There's no funny business w/ needing two routers or special
cables or anything. Some of the custom firmware's for the WRT54G support
the creation of wireless mesh networks. Would this be compatible with what
you are talking about?