[GRLUG] OT: BIOS Flashing?

adderd@kkmfg.com adderd at kkmfg.com
Tue Jan 3 10:25:20 EST 2006

It's an HP laptop. Nearly no laptops have socketed bios but this one does.
I  found info on bootblocking the bios to recover but it seems that this
particular HP notebook has a socketed bios that you can change rather than
having a bootblock. Apparently a lot of other HP notebooks have bootblocks
though. I still tried the bookblock but no dice on that.

I can order up another bios cheap really cheap ($25 for a programmed chip)
but I was hoping to find something local so that I don't have to wait for
shipping from California.

If anyone else toasts their bios, biosman.com sells programmed bios chips
for $25. That seems like a reasonable price to me.