[GRLUG] Nvidia [GeForce4 Ti 4200 AGP 8x]

Justin Denick jdenick at insurance-data.com
Wed Feb 22 12:43:13 EST 2006

Hiya,

I have tried to get this card to work, but for some reason it won't go.
Here's some info about the kernel 2.6.15-gentoo-r5
CONFIG_MODULES=y
CONFIG_MODULE_UNLOAD=y
# CONFIG_MODULE_FORCE_UNLOAD is not set
# CONFIG_MODULE_SRCVERSION_ALL is not set
CONFIG_MTRR=y
CONFIG_AGP_NVIDIA=y
# CONFIG_FB is not set
# CONFIG_VIDEO_DEV is not set
# CONFIG_VIDEO_SELECT is not set

I am running :
X11-base/xorg-x11-6.8.2-r6
x11-base/opengl-update-3.0.0
nvidia-kernel-1.0.8178-r3
sys-fs/udev-084

The module compiles cleanly and even loads. Though it did not create the
/dev/nvidia* nodes, so I have to run the NVmakedevices.sh at boot.
This creates all of the needed nodes but doesn't seem to help.

The BIOS is set to use only the AGP slot and not the onboard video.
The card works fine using the "nv" driver.

Any help on this one would be greatly appreciated.

--
The Ancient Doctrine of Mind Over Matter:
    I don't mind... and you don't matter.