[GRLUG] wep in linux

Collin adderd at kkmfg.com
Tue Feb 21 16:38:42 EST 2006

Alexander Grotewohl wrote:
> take said windows laptop (or pc) into the IT department with a nice little
> keylogger installed..
>
> im too lazy to crack things.. =)
As I mentioned very early in this thread even that might be unnecessary.
Merely download a program that 'un-stars' the password fields in
windows. Then go to the wireless card settings. Chances are you'll be
able to recover the wep key. If you run linux then wepcrack or airsnort
are pretty easy to run. I think they are available for windows too but
you might need to use CygWin.

The moral of the story is is still that WEP only keeps honest people honest.