[GRLUG] BIOS problems - Round 2

Bob Kline bob.kline at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 17:44:36 EST 2006

I checked the battery, and it read 2.99V.   I popped in a new one
anyway - it read 3.27V.    With the machine powered off.
( As Tim suggested,  the battery is $3.  )

I powered up the machine.  No POST messages.   I did see
the keyboard lights and the CDROM light blink.  Nothing on
the screen.   Now,  I had also removed the hard drive,  so it's
a little odd that I didn't get a POST message about that.

Suggestions?   The board ran for a year,  so I'm inclined to
think that something blew.   It had been booting now and
then during this recent episode,  but now nothing much happens.

Oh,  PS levels are all within normal range too.

  -Bob