[GRLUG] off-topic: hardware for sale

john-thomas richards jtr at jrichards.org
Fri Feb 3 13:58:57 EST 2006

My dear wife has been...*encouraging* me to get rid of unused hardware
in the basement.  Much of it is next to worthless.  However, I have an
IBM RS/6000 that is a beast of a machine.  I do not really want to get
rid of it, but I really do not have the time for it that I hoped I
would.  Here are the specs:

dual POWER3 processors - 200MHz
1 gigabyte of RAM
two 9.1 gigabyte SCSI drives
floppy drive
old PCI video card (ATI?)
two 100mb ethernet ports (although one seemed to be malfunctioning the
last time the system was running)
about 100 pounds of steel in the frame :-)

It is a beautiful machine.  It currently has Gentoo installed.  The
little LCD on the front even displays the kernel version when running.
It has X.org installed, though it is a bit slow due to the age of the
video card.

If interested, please reply off-list.
--
john-thomas