[GRLUG] PHP question ... was Client/Server Database app question

Topher topher at wcsg.org
Thu Feb 2 10:48:33 EST 2006

> Ok - I understand changing the form tag will re-route the user to the
> search.php - but then it won't submit to itself for the other buttons
> correct?

Correct.  It can only go to one page.  So what you really want is one page
that does both things.

So you could have it continue to submit to itself, and include the
search.php file, with the same kind of include string I sent before.

It'll spit out its results if you send it the right var, the same as if
you'd gone to a second file.

> Also instead of submitting to itself what do recommend?  What could I
> google for to find an example?

I like going to a second file, it just keeps both files simpler, so I can
remember what the heck I was doing.  :)

Topher
Manager of Internet Services
Cornerstone University Radio

------
"Seems to me a man has trouble enough in this world without borrowing more
with careless words."
                         -- Louis L'Amour, Mojave Crossing