[GRLUG] An ISP question

David Pembrook david at pembrook.net
Fri Aug 11 14:34:21 EDT 2006

At that speed you may be able to see how fast other people's pipes are
as well. I know companies that host their customers on a single T1
(1.5/1.5). This is perfectly fine if they aren't over utilizing their
pipe and don't handle a lot downloads.

If you want to see your single connection best speed, try downloading a
Linux ISO from a close by EDU ftp server. Unless things have changed,
they don't tend to cap them. I don't see over 500k/sec down on my dsl so
I can't test it.

Dave