[GRLUG] Cheap laser printer

Timothy Schmidt timschmidt at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 04:53:20 EDT 2006

In case anyone's interested, I just picked up a Brother HL-2070N cheap
on ebay.  I added an entry at Linuxprinting.org because there wasn't one.

It has parallel, USB 2.0, and a 10/100 NIC, about a thousand options in
a web-based configuration interface (like most wireless routers), and
it's pretty small, fast, and energy efficient.

It's a pretty good combination for $150 new.  I snagged mine for $80
including shipping used with half the toner still intact.  It's the
cheapest newish networked laser printer I could find with excellent
Linux support, but some of the information I read online was
conflicting, so I thought I'd mail the list in case anyone was shopping
for a printer.

--tim