[GRLUG] Crossover

Al Tobey tobert at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 11:28:02 EDT 2006

On 8/5/06, Bob Kline <bob.kline at gmail.com> wrote:

> http://www.codeweavers.com/
>
> This looks like it could be a useful product
> for those needing access to some windoz
> packages without having to run windoz.

   -Bob

I've used it at work for MS Office on Linux for about 4 years now.   It
works great.   Codeweavers worked with Google on the "native" port of
Picasa, which is a very nice application.    I'm not sure if they worked on
Google Earth because it looks like Icculus did that (same guy that ported
Unreal Tournament).

Crossover is an excellent product.   Even if you can get your apps to work
under winehq.org Wine, pick up a copy - many of the core Wine developers
have their salaries paid by Codeweavers.    It's pretty stable, has great
font support, and has built-in hooks for multiple fake windows installations
(called "bottles".)

-Al Tobey

--
Remember: "perfect is the enemy of good".
- Linus Torvalds