[GRLUG] PHP fault tolerant web application

Phillip_L._Hebenstreit at hud.gov Phillip_L._Hebenstreit at hud.gov
Wed Aug 2 12:16:50 EDT 2006

Hi everyone,

Sorry, I'm awful at describing what I mean in an email, let me try again.

Could anyone give me tips on developing a PHP Web Application using Apache
and MySQL.  The PHP web application needs to be fault tolerant and my
leanings are towards using Replication across 2 remotely separated Linux
servers.  So, the PHP application, the Apache httpd and the MySQL all need
to be replicated and if a failure occurs the PHP application needs to
respond to that event as smoothly as the MySQL and Apache do (hopefully).

I'm having trouble finding specifics on how to do this instead of a lot of
theory and debate.

Thanks,

Phill