[GRLUG] Linksys router security setup

Bob Kline bob.kline at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 14:42:14 EST 2005

Thanks to everyone for the good tips.   It's sobering to see what
replacing a few tens of feet of wire can get one in to.   And I've had
very good luck with Linksys products for five or more years now,
but documentation is definately not one of its strong points.....

BTW,  there is a small version of Linux in that Linksys Wireless-G
box.  On G4's "Call for Help," or one of the sisters programs, there
was a segment a couple of years ago about how to get in and actually
program the thing.

But until I even get a wireless link set up I think I'll just relegate that
piece of information to a factoid that others might find of interest.  It
requires the need to be able to manipulate firmware with confidence,
and I suspect the opportunity to fry the box for all practical purposes
is ever lurking.

    -Bob