[GRLUG] GD library and PHP session auto-start?

Mon Dec 5 11:09:22 EST 2005

hi guys i am playing with dotproject, its very cool you all can check it out
at dotproject.net

its a L.A.M.P application that i am hoping to install and use here at the
company i work for

after being asked to install M$ Project server (MS SQL, Sharepoint services,
Win2003, 2003 Project server) $$$$$ in CALs the whole bit

i have almost all of it in place but i am fighting two things

first i dont know about the Session auto-start for PHP?
is this a tweek in Httpd.conf, or is this a PHP config?

second there is GANTT Chart functionality in this application as long as i
have the GD library? installed.
i ran into this when i was investigating BugZilla (we where looking for a
versioning system for our internal application one of our in-house
developers thought BugZilla would work, it didn't) anyway, i was never able
to get GD installed correctly and at that time the List server was still off
walking around, so i couldn't ask you guys, now that the list mail server is
back up, i am hoping one of you all might know about GD and how to get it
installed

the system is Ferdora Core 3 kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC3, MySQL 3.23.x, Apache
2.0.52 (Fedora), and i have PHP 4.1 or better (dont know version for sure)

thanks all

--
Kyle Victor MCSA/MCSE/CCNA/Linux +/RHCT

visit Kyle's website at: