[GRLUG] Samba home directories

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Thu Mar 2 18:52:37 EST 2017

Haven't seen any traffic on the list for some time, .. allow me to pose an
interesting problem:

It appears that something has changed in newer versions of Samba - we have
a number of servers where the user home directories are on separate
partition. In the past, Samba would honor the home directory path
in passwd, but now it is not (unsure as the last working, however).

Is there a specific way to specify a home directory not in /home any more?
Have tried path = /u2/Users/%S , but no difference.

        Thanks!