[GRLUG] rsnapshot replication

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Wed Mar 9 13:35:25 EST 2016

Does anyone replicate rsnapshot backups (i.e. DR)? It works just fine with
a single backup pushed to an rsnapshot set in another location, but when I
tried to setup rsync of a rsnapshot set it blew up in a few months
horribly - looks like the connection died during the replication and it
caused each component of the set to be 'out of sync' on the replicated
end, so the rsync job dutifally started updating EACH of the rsnapshot
sets and sucked up all of our bandwidth until I shut it down.

So, .. rsync of a rsnapshot set DNW; is there a better way to replicate a
complete set offsite?

        TIA!

        Lee