[GRLUG] Forgotten password

Kelly Vanderwell kelly.vanderwell at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 01:57:51 EST 2016

So I forgot/lost the password to my desktop (or it's just not accepting it,
not sure).  Posted such on Facebook, friends came to rescue to tell me to
boot into recovery mode, then go to root and then type passwd username and
then enter new password.

Well, I did that, and no avail.  Attached image of screen is what I got.
Messaged a friend in Atlanta who offered help, he said to type mount -rw -o
remount /. Which brought up lots of words, no way to read them all....and
then he said that it looks like root is read-only....

And he said if I have local people who can come type and fix, that would be
great.  It's a desktop, so I can't just bring it to makers (well, I
could....but I'd be heavy.)

Is anyone able to come over (I'm in eastown) at some point to figure it
out?  I'm on Ubuntu 12.04 on that computer.

--
Sent from my iPhone