[GRLUG] DD-WRT DHCP/IP address problem

Dave Chiodo megadave at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 14:23:41 EDT 2016

It sounds like you just have two wireless AP's (even they are both on the
same hardware) that are on the same LAN, and the two DHCP networks are
stepping on each other - both receive requests, and the client takes the
assignment from whichever reply it gets first.

I found this which describes how to make it work - the "separate bridge" is
an essential part. If you didn't do that, that's the problem. If it worked
before, it was out of random luck:

http://www.alexlaird.com/2013/03/dd-wrt-guest-wireless/