[GRLUG] DD-WRT DHCP/IP address problem

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Wed Apr 6 06:55:20 EDT 2016

On Tue, 2016-04-05 at 17:00 -0400, John-Thomas Richards wrote:
> (192.168.1.x instead of 192.168.11.x). This appears to be a problem
> with
> multiple android devices. Restarting the router does not fix it.
> Restarting the Android WiFi service and even the device does not fix
> it. I can, sometimes, get a device to obtain a correct IP by connecti
> ng to the primary network and then back to the guest network.

Are you sure the Android device is connecting to the correct network?
 Are both networks configured on the device? [bad idea].  Android WiFi
is frustratingly 'helpful' and will hop between networks at the
slightest provocation [I **really** wish there was a no-autoconnect
option - every time I select "Advanced Options" on an Android wireless
connection I just giggle at the lousy TWO options it adds].

Can you reproduce the problem on a not-Andriod device, or at least an A
ndroid device with credentials only for one of the networks?

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam at whitemice.org> GPG D95ED383