[GRLUG] DD-WRT DHCP/IP address problem

John-Thomas Richards jtr at jrichards.org
Tue Apr 5 17:00:20 EDT 2016

Guys,

I have a Buffalo router running DD-WRT. It has a virtual wireless
interface for guests. It is configured to issue IP addresses like
192.168.11.x. It is issuing addresses with the wrong third number
(192.168.1.x instead of 192.168.11.x). This appears to be a problem with
multiple android devices. Restarting the router does not fix it.
Restarting the Android WiFi service and even the device does not fix it.
I can, sometimes, get a device to obtain a correct IP by connecting to
the primary network and then back to the guest network.  This is new
behavior in the last few weeks. The router is a few months old and has
been working just fine otherwise. Any ideas why it's doing this?
--
J-T
-----