[GRLUG] VGA / video question

John-Thomas Richards jtr at jrichards.org
Mon Mar 23 13:23:26 EDT 2015

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 09:23:54AM -0400, Dave Chiodo wrote:
> How many screens? Could co-locate a Raspberry Pi with each one, connected
> to to Ethernet? Then either run the software separately on each one, or use
> some sort of network screen mirroring like VNC?

Running the software locally at each display (two large, one small) is
not an option as the slides have to be advanced manually.

I've tested the set up with much shorter cables and I get full 1080
resolution. Unless I'm missing something entirely, this sounds like a
signal issue (as Mike indicated). The question then becomes whether to
buy a VGA signal booster for the longest length of cable (the one from
the laptop to the VGA port splitter) or go with VGA-->CAT5-->VGA
adapters. I don't really need much flexibility since this is installed
and no longer mobile.
--
john-thomas
-----