[GRLUG] single use computer

Patrick Goupell patrick at upmerchants.com
Thu Jan 1 16:17:16 EST 2015

Check out the july 2014 issue of linux jounral article "Practical tiny
core in the fire servi e".  Sounsd like what you want.

Obviously you will need to do a little bit of work  to set it up for
your needs but it should point you in the right direction.  Or give you
some ideas if that project does not work for you.

On 01/01/2015 03:32 PM, Dave Chiodo wrote:

> Have it hard wired to a proxy that blocks acces to all bot those
> sites, with the kiosk itself having no other network connections.
>
> On Jan 1, 2015 3:30 PM, "Benjamin Flanders" <flanderb at gmail.com
> <mailto:flanderb at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Short version:
>     I need a really locked down computer. Like only three websites.
>     How would I create it.
>
>     Long version:
>     Once the company I work for go to paperless paychecks, I will be
>     tasked to get a computer in the lunch room that will only do a few
>     things.  I immediately thought of Linux(of course) but how would I
>     go about locking it down.
>
>     By locked down, I mean it needs to be able to go the payroll
>     website, the 401k website, and the company's google e-mail.  Just
>     those three sites.
>
>     I'm thinking maybe running a browser in private mode only with an
>     inactive timeout(can this be done), with a (most likely) heavily
>     customized distro running from the cdrom.  I have some old xp
>     desktops that this would be perfect for.  I could remove the
>     harddrive add as much memory as they can take and I'd have spare
>     parts if something dies.
>
>     Is this doable?
>

>     Share and Enjoy <http://www.hhgproject.org/entries/shareandenjoy.html>
>     Ben