[GRLUG] Samba user management

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Wed Feb 25 10:02:05 EST 2015

On Wed, 25 Feb 2015, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:

> +1  Refusing to use Active Directory [which, BTW, Samba4 provides
> effortlessly] is really choosing a route of pain.

Allow me to point you back to the original question, then - what
***LINUX*** tool do you use to manage Samba users? I don't have a problem
using AD, .. but the tool has to be Linux.

IOW, NO Windoze Server, single Linux server, ..

> You can be Open and use Active Directory.  Active Directory *finally*
> provides a just-do-it-this-way solution for identity and
> authentication, and it uses standard protocols to do it [LDAP and
> Kerberos].

I don't disagree with that entirely, .. but please see the question above!

	Lee