[GRLUG] Slightly OT, .. 2012 Server VM

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Thu Aug 27 21:01:30 EDT 2015

On Thu, 27 Aug 2015, Faeren Madza wrote:

> Lee-
>
> Win+X brings up a menu that I find tends to be a lot more useful than the
> Start aka 'Metro' screen.

Hi Faeren,

That's what the docs specify, .. but unfortunately it DNW in the
virt-manager VNC server.

It would appear that <Windows>X is a 'special' key sequence to the VNC
server, ..

> What are you trying to get at exactly? The Start specifically? Or it is a
> means to get to some other menu?

Trying to get something other than a black screen.

> Does your client pass Win + X correctly?

Can't use a client until I set a static IP, .. I might be able to hunt for
the DHCP, but I was hoping there would be a way to actually USE the 2012
system in virt-manager.

	TFTR!~

	Lee