[GRLUG] OEL kernel update

Poort, Jason jason.poort at gentex.com
Tue Sep 23 07:34:41 EDT 2014

Question for everyone.  I need to update the Unbreakable Linux Kernel for Oracle Enterprise Linux to a specific version (UEK R3 U1) for compatibility.  I have run the yum update for the kernel, but it installed the UEK R3 U3 kernel.  I have been asked to get the systems running on the U1 version, but I cannot find a way to get that kernel downloaded and installed.  Any help would be appreciated.  Currently, the system is running on this version of the RHEL kernel 2.6.32-279.el6.x86_64.  The server was upgraded from OEL 6.4 to 6.5 via yum update.

Thanks.

-Jason

THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS E-MAIL MESSAGE AND ANY ATTACHMENTS SENT FROM GENTEX CORPORATION IS GENTEX CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION INTENDED ONLY FOR THE PERSONAL USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY NAMED ABOVE. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail, and delete this e-mail message and any attachments from your computer.