[GRLUG] WiFi Weirdness

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Sat Sep 20 13:00:26 EDT 2014

On Fri, 19 Sep 2014, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:

> deauthenticating from d8:c7:c8:39:5d:22 by local choice (reason=3)
>
> Reason#3: Sending station has left or is leaving IBSS or ESS
>
> - The AP is experiencing congestion and channel-hopping and you got
> dropped out.

That is definiately the reason, .. the main question I had is why can an
Apple system connect right away, while a standard Linux stack (SuSE 13.1)
never receives an IP.

The test situation was after a session disbanded, and there were less than
10 folks in the room with open laptops - I asked the chap sitting nearby
if he had been getting a connection, so he opened his MacBook (or whatever
model) and logged right in, all the while I could not get an IP.

	Thanks!

	Lee