[GRLUG] First Lego League Tournament - December 6th

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 19:03:33 EST 2014

A friend of mine needs volunteers. I've quoted his email:

>I am the coordinator for a First Lego League state qualifying Tournament.
We are holding it at Grand Rapids Innovation Central High School on
December 6th.

>This tournament is for team with ages 9 to 14. The FLL program focuses on core values of gracious professionalism and team work as well as building Lego autonomous robots to compete in the field games.
>FLL encourages exploration in the sciences, engineering, design and technology. The teams also take on a project each season.
>
>Find out more about FLL: http://www.usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/fll

> We are looking for two points of assistance.

> 1. We need 70 event volunteers. Some of the area responsibilities needed include. Setup, Tear down, Judges, Referees, team helpers, Judging room assistants, and more  In all we need about 70 volunteers. For those interested in volunteering: http://www.usfirst.org/whats-going-on/event/16671?ProgramCode=FLL

> 2. We also need to raise $3,000 additional to pay for tournament expenses.  We are seeking donations and corporate sponsors.
Currently, Steelcase, Consumers Power, and Grand Dial Communications
have lent their support.  Individuals who know of organizations
willing to assist thru sponsorships, please contact me ASAP.