[GRLUG] Wheezy & sound

Patrick Goupell patrick at upmerchants.com
Wed Nov 5 18:19:59 EST 2014

I generally install alsa-base, alsa-utils and alsamixer.

after install run alsamixer and make sure that none of the channels are
muted and set the volume levels.  Use the up/down/right/left arrow keys
to configure.

Then run speaker-test and test for sound.

You might want to uninstall alsa, pulseaudio and jackd first.

On 11/05/2014 05:55 PM, L. V. Lammert wrote:
> Trying to get sound running on a Wheezy system, .. seem to have mucked
> things up greatly.
>
> Has anyone seen a decent HowTo on getting one of the stacks configured
> from scratch [No YouTube, please!]? Tried Alsa, Pulseaudo, & JackD with no
> success so far, now something is borked as aplay and alsamixer are
> returning "permission denied".
>
> 	TIA!!
>
> 	lee

Patrick Goupell