[GRLUG] Postfix server setup

Dave Chiodo megadave at gmail.com
Thu May 8 13:41:06 EDT 2014

Did you generate a CSR on your server and submit it to godaddy?

An SSL cert is basically a public key thats been signed by the cert
authority - you should still have the "private" key somewhere (that you
keep secure and accessible only by your server)

I couldnt tell you anything about postfix directly (never used it, I'm an
exim user), but you can always use openssl to handle it. It will accept the
"SSL" connection from a client, and then relay it locally to the non-SSL
service.