[GRLUG] Postfix server setup

Patrick Goupell patrick at upmerchants.com
Thu May 8 09:37:55 EDT 2014

Hello All,

Using debian wheezy for this project.

I am setting up my first postfix email server using a tutoriial from
howtoforge.com [Virtual Users and Domains With Postfix, Courier, MySQL
and SquirrelMal (Debian Wheezy)] and it works fine.

The postfix install uses a self signed ssl certifiacate.

I am now trying to set up an ssl certifiacte from godaddy.com.

I have not been able to find instructions or a howto on setting this up
correctly

 From goddady.com I ordered a certificate for an apache2 server.  I did
not see any kind of selection for a postfix mail server.  Did I order
the wrong type of certifiacate?

What I got from godaddy was 2 files:  "myservername.crt" and
"gd_bundle-g2-g1.crt".

So where do I put these files and what do I have to tell postfix/courier
to find and use them?

Thank you.

--
Patrick Goupell